Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Maui Sights

I informed my wife before our Maui trip that I would be an annoying photographer. I asked my family to be patient with me as I frequently stopped to take pictures. Now that I look back, I should have put a big yellow sticker on my back that says "MAKES FREQUENT STOPS!" They were very patient and understanding.

IMG_9814-2
One of the days we hung out at the Grand Wilea Beach. It was a beautiful beach with groomed sand (who would have thought they groomed the beaches). This picture originally had a helecopter in the top left-hand corner. Adam Sandler was filming a movie and I snapped a picture of it on one of the passes. When I got home and looked at this picture, I thought it was postcard perfect... except for the helecopter. Fortunately it came out easily.

BDiptych-600
I thought I would try my hand at some Diptych pictures. A Diptych is two pictures which are not actually connected, but belong together (or look good together). I happen to like this presentation style. It is kind of like a "2 for 1 deal" on pictures.

KDiptych2-600

HanaDiptych-600

BDiptych2-600
For some reason, I can't get the one above to load in 600, so sorry it is smaller.

This next set is an attempt at Tilt-shift or in other words, making it look like a mineature or "tiny town".

IMG_0379-TiltShift-600

IMG_0119-TiltShift-600
I love how this one looks like a toy fire truck.

IMG_0074-TiltShift-600
This is the famous "Road to Hana". What a beautiful view.

No comments: