Friday, October 9, 2009

Photography Locations - Salt Lake County and Surrounding Counties

IMG_7297
Trail up Butterfield Canyon

I was wondering if anyone was interested in sharing ideas about great photography locations in Salt Lake County (or surrounding areas)? I am the type of person who loves to share. I also love it when other people share. As you can see on the right side of my blog (a bit lower) I have labels, which I post EVERY location of EVERY photo shoot. Many times, people have asked me how to get there and I can give them specific directions or addresses(sometimes they are even in the comments section). The thing about locations is (as you photogs know) it is easier to do a photo shoot at a specific location, after you have have done a photo shoot there. If it is your first time at a location, it helps if you can atleast see what someone else has done.

So I have been slowly compiling a list of places I hear about or have used. Here are a few hot spots that I have used and LOVE:

-Murray Park if your clients want flowers, trees, grass, river and bridge. Will be a fun place when the leaves fall and even snow.
-Sugar Factory in West Jordan if your clients want Urban, warehouse, old bricks, etc. Doesn't matter what time of year, if you want warehouse shots.
-Daybreak Lake if you want river, lake, bridge, cat tails,
-Butterfield Canyon if you want trees, flowers, foliage. Excellent for fall leaves and snow.
-Memory Grove if you want flowers, trees, grass, river and bridge. Great place when the leaves fall or with snow.
-Thanksgiving Point has lots to offer, but I think they want you to pay and register.
-Ogden 25th Street
-Pierpont Avenue, downtown Salt Lake City
-Gardner Village

Here are a few locations on my list, but I haven't been to yet:
-Antelope Island
-Echo Resevoir
-Rockport Resevoir
-East Canyon State Park
-Park Meadows Country Club (Park City)
-Homestead in Midway
-Pineview Resevoir
-Silver Lake by Brighton Ski Resort
-This is the Place Monument
-Red Butte Garden (by UofU)
-Sugar House Park
-East Canyon (up Parleys)
-Immigration Canyon
-The Grove (in Pleasant Grove)
-UofU
-Granite Park
-Western Springs Park in Riverton

Please let me know if you use any of these. I would like to see how they turn out.

If you need specific directions to any I have shot at, just ask me. I love comments.

Good luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you SO much for the comment on my blog! It's great to hear that from a fellow photographer! Your work is awesome! Thanks for posting about locations too! Always a HUGE help!

Aimée said...

I am all about sharing cool locations. There is a really cool google map where local utah photographers can list their favorite spots. I look it up alot to get some ideas depending on the type of shoot/ season.

Link:

Thanks for sharing all of your favorite spots and for the link on your sidebar!